Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) & Biomedical Waste (BMW)
This training is required annually for all faculty, staff and students who provide patient care or have contact with human blood. If you aren’t sure whether you have to take the training, check with Stephanie Scrambling (her contact info is below).
- If you have a Gatorlink account, log in using your Gatorlink username and password.
- If you don’t have a Gatorlink account, select the second option.
- If you have a Gatorlink but can’t remember your password, select the third option.
- You will see a screen that shows the courses you are enrolled in; select “log in.” This will bring you into the Sakai site. Select the “BBP/BMW Annual Training College of Dentistry” hyperlink on the left side of the menu.
- Follow directions on the screen to download and view the powerpoint presentation, please be advised that we have added slides for all UF College of Dentistry locations regarding post-exposure protocols.
- Once you have reviewed the presentation, click on the “Tests & Quizzes” hyperlink on the menu on the right side of the screen. Select “Dentistry BBP/BMW Quiz 2013.” Note that the questions have been randomized; each person will have different questions. You will need a score of at least 75% to pass the training.
- When you’re done, please print your certificate and retain a copy in your records, in case it is needed for verification.
Special Note for Clinical Staff
Staff members who attended Clinical Staff Assembly on March 14 don’t need to retake the training since we completed that during our staff assembly. Congratulations!